Dawn Hilton Williams with Herban Eats is here share some delicious, organic, and affordable Thanksgiving sides that actually taste good! For more information on Herban Eats: www.herban-eats.com
GUILT-FREE SMASHED CAULIFLOWER
TIME: PREP TO TABLE: 30 MINUTES
1 head of organic cauliflower
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon fresh chives
1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons of crème fraiche or plan greek yogurt
2 to 3 cloves of roasted garlic (optional)
Kosher Salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium heat.
- Trim cauliflower head and chop into small florets or bite sized pieces.
- Add florets to salted boiling water and cook for 7 minutes or until fork tender.
- Strain with colander.
- Place cauliflower and roasted garlic back into pot and smash with potato masher until mashed but still lumpy.
- Add crème fraiche or yogurt and parmesan (reserving a little for finish) and stir to incorporate.
- Add fresh herbs (reserving a little for finish), season with pepper then stir lightly and place in serving dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan & herb garnish and you’re done!
RECIPE BY: Dawn Hilton-Williams, Caterer/Food Coach: Herban-Eats . www.herban-eats.com