Francine Bryson is here for Francine Friday and invites Chef Patrick to join her in the kitchen to celebrate National Cheesecake Day, which is on Saturday! What are their favorite recipes? Chef Patrick is sharing No Bake Nutella Cheesecake:
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
- Oreo Cookies, crushed into coarse crumbs (around 10-12)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- Strawberries, some sliced, some left whole for garnish
- Chopped hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, or almonds
- Evenly divide the crumbs between 4 short 8oz glass jars, bowls, or cups, to form the “crust” layer. Since these are in jars, the “crust” is meant to be scooped up easily with a spoon and don’t need to be solid.
- In a large bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and Nutella until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold in roughly half (or more if desired) of the Cool Whip until well blended. Reserve any remaining Cool Whip for the topping
- Pipe or spoon one layer of the cheesecake mixture into the jars on top of the Oreo layer. Add a layer of sliced strawberries. Add another layer of cheesecake mixture. It’s okay if the strawberries are hidden. They can be a surprise! Sprinkle the tops with chopped hazelnuts. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill and firm slightly before serving.
When ready to serve, use the remaining Cool Whip mixture to pipe or dollop on top of the cheesecake mixture. Garnish each jar with a whole, fanned, or slice strawberry and a light sprinkle of more crumbled oreos if desired.